Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:25:52 -0400
Anders Johansson wrote:
A company who thinks "yes, with IPv6 we can just open everything up so no one
will have to bother with silly things like authentication anymore!" is
probably the same company that lets everyone run as administrator in windows.

That has never been claimed. All we've been saying is configure your firewall as appropriate to your needs. If you don't want any incoming access, just say so in the configuration. No need for NAT to block anything. Then should the time come when you want that incoming access, just allow it in the firewall, to whatever computers you wish.