Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 20:22:31 +0200
On Thursday 09 September 2010, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Who said anything like: "an just open everything up so no one will have
to bother with silly things like authentication anymore". Nobody did.

Maybe you're not really listening to yourself, but that is exactly what you're
saying. "With IPv6, I don't have to open up multiple ports in the firewall to
get to internal machines, everything is directly available".

As I said to James, I don't really believe you think this, I suspect your
hatred for NAT has gotten the better of your choice of arguments

Yes, IPv6 is the future, but this just isn't the argument for it.

How is ability-to-more-simply-access-my-resourcesnot an argument-for?

You are aware, I hope, that many companies today run VPNs to their
internal LANs even though every single machine has a real IPv4 address.

Really? I know of exactly one local company [non-ISP] with a large

I don't know what is local for you, but I know several multinationals who do
it.

Anders