Re: [opensuse] newbie quiestion about server kernel
  • From: "Brian K. White" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:29:37 -0400
On 9/9/2010 4:40 AM, Vasiliy G Tolstov wrote:
Hello. I want to use OpenSUSE on the server hardware (xen domU). Why
community does not provide kernel-server in opposite of kernel-desktop?
If i want to create package for kernel-server on build.opensuse.org,
what patches i need from kernel-xen package to apply?

P.S. I'm not want to use sles. And i do not want to include in kernel
support for dom0.

Thank You.

Install "kernel-default"
Then reboot and choose "...-default" from the grub menu
Then remove kernel-desktop

"kernel-default" is the "server" kernel.

--
bkw