Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 18:27:44 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Try setting up for voice over IP or certain gaming to more than
one computer.

No problem - I have a number of Linksys/Cisco SPA phones hooked up
from peoples home offices to our central telephone server. The phone
is usually sat behind a NAT'ing router. This has been working very
well for at least two years now. Of course, I run a stun daemon.

How many at each location?

Just one. AFAICT, multiple phones should not present a problem. The
phones themselves have a NAT keep-alive option, but it's not needed
(because of the STUN dameon).

Try using ssh to multiple computers, without changing
port numbers.

I do that every day from my workstation. (which is behind a NAT
setup).

Do you directly access or connect to one and run another ssh
connection from there?

I'm guessing you meant the reverse - to access multiple, individual
systems _behind_ the NAT? (as Adam Williams suggested). No, in that
situation I access the main gateway, and then ssh on from there.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.9°C)