Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 09:12:20 -0400
On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 14:47 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
There is just tons of software that needs to use or keep track of IPs
that simply is not ready.
There is a lot; I don't know about 'tons'. Most software doesn't
care. I think there is very little software that "needs to use or keep
track of IPs". In our entire stack I think we located two
applications that didn't work with IPv6. One of those was very easily
fixed [typically IP addresses end up getting stored as strings, make
the string field longer, recompile, works].
I can name at least three fairly popular bits of software that have an
issue with IPv6 for the moment -... php,...

Dunno, we are using PHP extensively in an IPv6 network. Haven't seen
any issues so far [over a year].