Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:57:44 +0200
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

Try setting up for voice over IP or certain gaming to more than
one computer.

No problem - I have a number of Linksys/Cisco SPA phones hooked up
from peoples home offices to our central telephone server. The phone
is usually sat behind a NAT'ing router. This has been working very
well for at least two years now. Of course, I run a stun daemon.

Emphasis: "Of course, I run a stun daemon."

Therefore: problem eliminated.

Try using ssh to multiple computers, without changing
port numbers.

I do that every day from my workstation. (which is behind a NAT
setup).

The issue is the reverse.

Yeah, I thought that mnight be it - well, to me, it also seems a little
contrived. When I need external ssh access to something on my NAT'ed
network, I ssh to the NAT'ing gateway, and from there to whatever I
need.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.0°C)