Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:47:28 +0200
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

There is just tons of software that needs to use or keep track of IPs
that simply is not ready.

There is a lot; I don't know about 'tons'. Most software doesn't
care. I think there is very little software that "needs to use or keep
track of IPs". In our entire stack I think we located two
applications that didn't work with IPv6. One of those was very easily
fixed [typically IP addresses end up getting stored as strings, make
the string field longer, recompile, works].

I can name at least three fairly popular bits of software that have an
issue with IPv6 for the moment - spamassassin, php, rbldnsd. openSUSE
also has issues with IPv6 setup for pppd.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.1°C)