Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:25:17 -0400
On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 01:13 +0400, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Thursday 09 September 2010 01:03:53 James Knott wrote:

I am currently using PPPoE but I think my provider will force everybody
to NAT as they already declared. They also recommend and provide
instructions how to disable IPv6 on clients' operating systems and say
they do not provide support for those who did not completely remove IPv6
support from their OS.
It's time for you to find a new ISP.

+1

There is no ISP here who provides IPv6. They all simply conduct the same
policy: once one decides to invent new technology or change prices, others
follow.They just coordinate their efforts. Thus similar prices and services.
NAT is broken in a number of
ways. For example, it breaks some protocols and makes it impossible for
a user to reach their network from elsewhere. Also, it's possible for
an ISP to overload NAT, as each IP address has a limited number of ports
that can be remapped. As far as refusing to provide support, if IPv6
isn't disabled, that tells me your ISP is incompetent.
They also say IPv6 in addition to corrupting routing table and creating lags
in browsers,

Then we know for certain they are incompetent.

also floods the network so any user who uses IPv6 not only
created problems for themselves but also for all other users.