Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:03:53 -0400
Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Wednesday 08 September 2010 21:12:17 James Knott wrote:

I am currently using PPPoE but I think my provider will force everybody to
NAT as they already declared. They also recommend and provide instructions how
to disable IPv6 on clients' operating systems and say they do not provide
support for those who did not completely remove IPv6 support from their OS.
It's time for you to find a new ISP. NAT is broken in a number of ways. For example, it breaks some protocols and makes it impossible for a user to reach their network from elsewhere. Also, it's possible for an ISP to overload NAT, as each IP address has a limited number of ports that can be remapped. As far as refusing to provide support, if IPv6 isn't disabled, that tells me your ISP is incompetent.