[opensuse] zypper/yast, aria2c and ironport
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 18:09:40 +0200
There was a thread a while back about aria2c and devices like IronPort.
Seems they do not play nice together. It is related to IronPort
requiring the entire file at once so it can check for viruses and such.
I got the powers that be to let me bypass the ironport, and all was
well. I have a few other systems where I cannot do that.

An alternate solution was to have yast/zypper use a slower alternative
method that does not split the files. I reviewed the thread
(http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/SuSE/2010-03/msg00414.html),
but I do not see where it told how to set this up. I know it was
mentioned at the time, but I can't seem to locate this. It is for
openSUSE 11.2. Does anyone recall this, or maybe know how to configure
this?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST