Re: [opensuse] is there a tool to reduce image dimension by removing empty spaces?
  • From: Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 15:52:03 -0400
On 9/7/2010 8:55 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
/snip/

What I find bad in the screen shots of many printed or PDF manuals is not that
images are small, but
that they are small with very low resolution, grainy. Like that they reduced
the size by reducing
the pixels per inch. The text is high quality, but not the images.

Not only that, but the illustrations tend to be a dark gray overall, with very little contrast. I hope some manual publishers are reading this list.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M. Greeley