[opensuse] strange flash player problem (11.3)
  • From: phanisvara das <phani00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:34:01 +0530
since a couple weeks adobe flashplayer wouldn't work in any of my browsers
anymore. don't remember any specific update or change happening at that time
since
i'm using flash rarely.

un- and re-installing adobe plugin & nsplugin didn't help; looking for missing
files or softlinks neither. finally i ended up putting an old version of
adboe's
flashpl. for x86_64 (outdated & unsafe) into /usr/lib64/browser-plugins, and
voila, everything works again.

i frequently tried to rectifiy this by removing the outdated player and
installing
whatever versions of the present one i could find, to no avail. as i said, i
don't
use flash often and am confident i'd notice if somebody were trying to take
over
my system. still, it's annoying not to be able to use what everybody else uses,
apparently successfully.

in oS forums i found exactly one case like me, but he was the only lonly poster
in
that thread. apparently there's something special with our installations, but
no
idea what. any ideas?

--
phani.