Re: [opensuse] is there a tool to reduce image dimension by removing empty spaces?
  • From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 21:27:29 +0800
On 2010年09月07日 20:55, Carlos E. R. wrote:
What I find bad in the screen shots of many printed or PDF manuals is not
that images are small, but
that they are small with very low resolution, grainy. Like that they reduced
the size by reducing
the pixels per inch. The text is high quality, but not the images.

When you create PDF in openoffice, there is an option for "resampling
image" which does the reduction of size by reducing pixels. I guess such
option exists in other software too, including the software that
produced the PDF you complain about.