Re: [opensuse] is there a tool to reduce image dimension by removing empty spaces?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:55:32 +0200
On 2010-09-07 14:15, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 19:01 +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:

I'd say that is what you need to do then. Print one screenshot per page
and create an appendix of screen shots you can reference in the body
text. OpenOffice will manage the references for you [you can insert a
reference to a frame or image and OOo will render the page number /
caption].

But that needs a lot of paper.

What I find bad in the screen shots of many printed or PDF manuals is not that
images are small, but
that they are small with very low resolution, grainy. Like that they reduced
the size by reducing
the pixels per inch. The text is high quality, but not the images.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))