Re: [opensuse] is there a tool to reduce image dimension by removing empty spaces?
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 08:54:58 -0400
Dave Howorth said the following on 09/07/2010 08:10 AM:
Zhang Weiwu wrote:
The reason I need this feature is, when I make manual for software
users, my colleague suggested me something. He is a senior person, more
than 50 years old. He said, that most software manuals in this world
contain screenshots that senior people not able to read, because text in
these screenshots are usually 50% or smaller of size of the main text
font of the manual.

I can appreciate his comment. I'm over fifty too :(

The only solution I can think of is to reduce the size the way I
described in the original post.

Your description reminded me of another possibility. If you can change
the font size in the application (accessibility?) then enlarge it so the
text fills the space, then you'll be able to shrink the image but still
read the text.

There's probably an easier way.

Use one of the high-contrast (e.g whiteeyes) colour schemes or one of
those designed for the visually impaired.

Many of the 'trendy' colour schemes you can download don't have enough
contrast or are dependent on particular colour gradients or screen
illuminations and hence do not map well to print. It is even worse when
you do black-and-white 'proofs'.

Have a look at http://opendesktop.org to find some high contrast and
easy to read colour schemes.

--
If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know
what you're doing.