Re: [opensuse] is there a tool to reduce image dimension by removing empty spaces?
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 13:10:14 +0100
Zhang Weiwu wrote:
The reason I need this feature is, when I make manual for software
users, my colleague suggested me something. He is a senior person, more
than 50 years old. He said, that most software manuals in this world
contain screenshots that senior people not able to read, because text in
these screenshots are usually 50% or smaller of size of the main text
font of the manual.

I can appreciate his comment. I'm over fifty too :(

The only solution I can think of is to reduce the size the way I
described in the original post.

Your description reminded me of another possibility. If you can change
the font size in the application (accessibility?) then enlarge it so the
text fills the space, then you'll be able to shrink the image but still
read the text.

Cheers, Dave