Re: [opensuse] is there a tool to reduce image dimension by removing empty spaces?
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:18:29 +0100
Zhang Weiwu wrote:
Hello. Is there a tool existing that can reduce image dimension by
removing empty spaces?
[snip]
Is there already such an software tool that can do what I want?

I doubt it.

The functionality that you're looking for is what is contained in widget
sets' geometry managers. I suspect it's too specific to be found as a
filter or whatever in an image manipulation program.

Creating such images from scratch would be much easier, using an
object-based drawing tool.

Cheers, Dave