Re: [opensuse] lsm space giveth and space taketh away: missing space?
  • From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 11:01:52 -0700
On 9/2/2010 10:38 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2010-09-02 13:26, Philipp Thomas wrote:
* Carlos E. R. (carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx) [20100902 12:59]:

Yes, but the name has changed. 1024 Bytes is now one kibibyte,
abbreviated 1 KiB. And 1 KB is now exactly 1000 bytes, following
the same rule as for any other unit of measurement (SI).

I know. But apart from the fact that AFAIK the USA do not follow SI.
That KiB/KB mess was created by people with no knowledge of the
computer environment.

The IEEE no knowledge? >:-)

The IEEE is probably fine, but the KiB/KB idea was actually created by
the IEC.

I lost track, Did Linda ever get an answer before the thread became
a pontificating rant?