Re: [opensuse] Wow kde 4.5.1-1 look much better! Good job K4 Devs.
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:48:13 -0400
* David C. Rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-01-10 09:36]:
Though I often knock kde4 and all isn't perfect, 4.5.1-1 is looking
much better. We are starting to see some of the 'smartness' and
'efficiency' that made kde3 such a great desktop creep into kde4.
Case-in-point, simple things like changing the background in kde4
sucked largely because you were limited to a single column of
thumbnails to choose from that was slow as hell to scroll through
(especially if you have 100+ wallpapers in the search path.

After upgrade to 4.5.1-1, I was surprised to see a clean 3-column
selection now that triples the amount of data you have at a glance
and greatly speeds transitioning the list of wallpapers. (it could
have been there a version ago and I'm just seeing it now)

surprise, if you maximize the "settings window" you will get even more
columns depending on the size of your monitor.

I'm glad to see some of the highly visible sore thumbs of k4 are
being addressed. Why it has taken 2+ years from the official June,
2008 release date to get here still has never been adequately
explained, but for those who know open-source, you know why.

Please increase the octane in your postings, the anti-knock will be much
appreciated.

The "anti-knock" properties in my reader have removed much following...