Re: [opensuse] USB not working in VBox
  • From: eddie <eddieleprince@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 08:58:53 +0100
Dear All,

Recently I have installed Win 7 Enterprise Edition in Sun's
VirtualBox, but cannot get USB to work. In Settings/USB devices it
correctly states that it is a Kingston Data Traveller, but this line
is greyed out. Down at the status bar after pulling the cursor over
the USB stick icon a popup says that there is no USB devices plugged.

Are there further settings needed or what did I miss?

Thanks,
OszkoA

Thanks for all of you for the help. Now VirtualBox 3.2.6 (PUEL version,
of course) works fine with USB support.
The clue was to tweak /etc/fstab. The host is OS 11.2 the guest is Win 7
Enterprise.

OszkoA

Perhaps you can post your tweak just in case there are others out there who
are struggling like you were.

Eddie
--
Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine
heart.