[opensuse] Dual screen on 11.3 rc2 problems
  • From: Bob Ewart <bob-ewart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:29:46 -0400
I am trying to run 11.3 rc2 64-bit on a dual screen system using the KDE
desktop. When it first comes up the two screens are mirrors. I
configured them to have them side by side. After a reboot the settings
are lost. After searching bugzilla someone said that running sax2 would
solve that problem, but sax2 would soon go away.

I'm currently running 11.0 using the NVidia driver in Xinerama mode. I
have it set to run a slide show for the background with each picture
spanning the two screens. That's not possible in KDE, but it does work
in Gnome. I currently have the panel spread across the two screens.
That's not possible with either KDE or Gnome.

I tried installing the NVidia driver without success. See Bug 615733 in
bugzilla. The same person reported an earlier critical bug 601320 on
milestone 6 with the response from Lubos Lunak that "We cannot support
closed-source drivers, sorry."

--
Bob