[opensuse] Re: upgrade => 11.3
  • From: jdd-gmane <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:49:55 +0200
Le 06/07/2010 21:40, Hans Witvliet a écrit :

The question was, whay the preferred method is for upgrading a virtual
machine, as rebooting from dvd and selection "upgrade" is not possible.

why? headless install?

on can even install openSUSE on a headless server, I beg it's possible
to make an upgrade!

that said it may not be wise for a production server. I upgrade my own
(little) online server each years approx, and if the openSUSE distro
available from My hosting service change, I have usually several days
work to cope with the changes (like servers no more supported or
change on versions - last was webmail)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net