Re: [opensuse] Linux friendly 802.11n Wireless Access Point
  • From: "Leen de Braal" <ldb@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:44:43 +0200

Alex wrote:

Could somebody please recommend, based on the personal experience, any
stand alone (No router/firewall, No DSL/Cable modem)
plain 802.11n Wireless Access Point which works flawlessly with Linux
and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

We have been using a Netgear WG602 for a couple of years now. It works
very well with our own openSUSE 10.2 laptops as well my wifes corporate
laptop.

I also often use Netgear, works very well.
You could use a WGR614 and just use the switch/AP part (not connecting the
WAN side, disable DHCP), is even cheaper than a WG602 (at least here).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.8°C)

L. de Braal
BraHa Systems