Re: [opensuse] Re: Mobile broadband
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:09:25 +0200
On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 19:44 +0200, Heinz Diehl wrote:
On 05.07.2010, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I found a site that provides some information about this device under
Linux (it is all in Swedish):

http://linuxwiki.se/index.php/Mobilt_bredband

I can't see anything on this site that would help to get your device up
and running (I understand both Swedish/Danish/Norwegian).
Don't know if this means something either, but did you notice
that the E620 mentioned on this site is a PC-Card, and not an USB device?

I did see that. I figured that the card was what the card was and that
the site was in error. Still, they are all listed as working. But it did
decrease m confidence in all this a few %.

And that is where I find myself. I do not see a connection happening.
There is an occasional blue light (heartbeat-looking) on the USB modem.
But nothing more.

I think the problem is somewhere in network manager, did you try umtsmon?
http://umtsmon.sourceforge.net/

I think I did the first time I tried this. But at that time I did not
know the number that was to be called. I will try it again.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB