Re: [opensuse] Network Manager and WPA/PSK with TKIP
  • From: steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 19:25:31 +0200

This has worked fine for me. At work it is wired. At home it is
wireless. In fact, I just let it be. Whichever it finds it sets up.

Exactly.
I have an acer laptop which is only wireless. It just picks up what is
available. I don't do anything. Maybe the OP is trying to connect to a WPA
which needs a password. In which case the Hotel reception desk or equivalent
will give it to you. You don't need 64 or 63 bit hex strings. Who knows what
that means anyway? Just a password. e. g. The last time I needed it the
password was the name of the hotel plus my room number.

It is this sort of thread that macbores delight upon and put people off using
Linux.

L x