[opensuse] mail from cron ?
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:42:50 +0100
I have an 11.2 system and am having trouble configuring it to send me
mail from some cron jobs. The problem is the /root/bin/cron.daily.local
script. I know it runs because I have a line in it that says

date >> /root/cron.dbg

and the file gets a new line added every day. The script also has a
mailto line and a line that prints output:

MAILTO=dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
echo 'This is /root/bin/cron.daily.local'

The sysconfig variable SEND_MAIL_ON_NO_ERROR is set to yes but I get no
mail from the job. I do get mail from a job in root's crontab:

SHELL=/bin/bash
MAILTO=dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx

# m h d mo dow
50 15 * * * echo hello