[opensuse] Re: connecting openSUSE 11.3 and XP
  • From: jdd-gmane <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:55:15 +0200
Le 05/07/2010 14:41, Adam Tauno Williams a écrit :

Use the Samba docs, *not* 3rd party docs. The Samba docs are reasonably
current; most others are wrong.

well... but needs three days to read and understand for something that
show work from scratch!

tB: smbd and nmbd runs, I have fusesmb but don't know how to use it
and smb4k don't find anythinh on the net

You installed Samba4? You want Samba 3.4.x probably.

I run factory, probably can't be more up to date

Did you create a CIFS account (smbpasswd -a)? You must have a
corresponding Samba account, an NSS account is not sufficient.

first thing that was needed for ages.

the XP machine sees the linux one, but can't connect (same account
name and pass on the two sides)

I have solved the problem

the firewall have to be openned for samba server but also for samba
client and for netbios server... with this I can copy from XP to
openSUSE and vice versa

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net