Re: Updating a dead link on wiki [Was: Re: [opensuse] What is the current setup for 'zypper dup'ing' 11.2-11.3 when it is released?]
  • From: Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 12:46:21 +0200
On 02.07.2010 20:45, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Marco Calistri
<marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri 02 Jul 2010 at 13:23:48 (-0300 UTC) David C. Rankin wrote:

Guys,

When 11.3 appears, what is the current scheme for using zypper dup
to jump versions. Where my notes end are:

(1) configure all repositories for the next version; then
(2) issue 'zypper dup' to perform the upgrade.

That seems a little slim on details. Are there any other
recommendation, cautions, etc. that go along with the process. Do the
configs in ~/ move OK? Any gotchas?

http://wiki.opensuse.org/SDB:System_upgrade

IMO could be that some old ./config are not fully compliant to newer
release so in case of glitches or lack of particular features, could be
useful to start from scratch by deleting old ./config/file.conf.

Marco (or anyone who understands the what's going on with the Wiki
setup currently),

That page has a couple dead links to "http://wiki.opensuse.org/SDB:YaST
Wagon".

But there is a real page http://en.opensuse.org/Wagon (note the "en")

But there is NOT a real page http://wiki.opensuse.org/Wagon (note the
"wiki")

Any idea what needs to happen to fix that dead link? I don't mind
fixing it, but I have no idea what the current strategy is.

Hi,
wiki.o.o is the new wiki instance. The wagon article is not yet transferred to
the new wiki
because it is not really complete and useful.
You are welcome to create a reworked Wagon the article at
http://wiki.opensuse.org/YaST_Wagon
I created the upgrade page last week and will fix the dead link until the
launch of the new wiki (next week).

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tschmidt [at] suse.de)
SUSE Linux Products GmbH :: Research & Development :: Tools