Re: [opensuse] All plugins compiz missing for X11/XGL x86_64, only extra for i586
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 11:39:58 +0200
On 7/1/2010 at 21:20, "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 07/01/2010 02:59 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Guys,

Thanks for the compiz updates in the X11/XGL repo. However, there is a
rather
big problem. There are no plugins for X86_64 and only the compiz-extra
plugins.
Dominique, if you're on top of this, then that's fine. But, if they are
supposed
to be there and are not, then immediate help is needed. Last few updates for
11.0 -- it would be ugly to have them break compiz :(

I know there are issues with the plugins for 8.6 and 11.0, that's why
currently
there are only main, extra and photowheel in the X11/compiz directory. For
the
X11/XGL repo, without the main plugins -- nothing is going to work.

Devs, please have a look.

cc: Dominique

Dominique - if this is just a normal shuffling of the rpms going from 8.2 to
8.6, then I'm sorry for bothering you. I just noticed the issue tonight and
at
least wanted to get the word out. Thanks again for 8.6 in the compiz repo.
Still
working like a champ (sans zoom :-)

I guess a repo link might help. Here is the repo I'm concerned about:

http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.0/

David,

I have nothing to do with X11:XGL. Despite all my efforts of uniting the repos
to X1!:Compiz, which is the official devel repo for openSUSE Factory,
there seems to be active work in X11:XGL. But I do not invest ANY minute in
this repo.

All my work goes to X11:Compiz and thus into openSUSE Factory.

osc maintainer X11:XGL
bugowner:
cyberorg

maintainer:
cyberorg, gladiac, mhopf, rodrigomoya, cb400f, pedro_seon

Hope this helps you.
Dominique