[opensuse] Procmail wants to rename maibox
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 14:25:14 -0400
I've had a move of a mail-hub zap my inbox by - without warning me -
zapping /var/spool/mail

Probably me being stupid and overlooking something.
Again

So it doesn't happen again I'd like to have mail delivered to

~anton/Mail/INBOX

So I put a line in .procmailrc to that effect

DEFAULT=/home/anton/Mail/INBOX

Well just in case mail gets delivered that DOESN'T go though procmail
(yes, I do have a .forward that reads:
"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #anton"
but I'm paranoid)
I decided to symlink /var/spool/mail/anton to ~anton/ail/INBOX

Well procmail doesn't like that.
It says
renaming bogus mailbox "/var/spool/mail/anton" \
info "/var/spool/mail/BOGUS.anton/YM"

Well, WHY?

Oh, and yes I know I can reset delivery with /etc/postfix/main.cf
by using
home_mailbox = Mail/INBOX
but that does it for all users.

So why won't procmail honour symlink?
Security - obviously.

But is there a way to make this do what I want?

--
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like pears.
: