Re: [opensuse] Network Manager and WPA/PSK with TKIP
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:44:49 -0400
Rodney Baker wrote:
What type of key/passphrase are you using? I'm
using a 64 character hex string
I use a 63 character random string from www.grc.com, however, when I verified the process this morning with my Google Nexus One in "hotspot" mode, I used "1234567890". BTW, that's a secret, so don't tell anyone. ;-)

Try 63 characters and see if that helps. Also, I believe when you use a 64 character string, it can only contain hex digits, whereas the 63 character string can be any printable character, although I have found some devices choke on certain characters, so I limit the string to alpha numberic characters only.