Re: [opensuse] Network Manager and WPA/PSK with TKIP
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 10:04:37 -0400
Rodney Baker wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 23:08:34 James Knott wrote:

Rodney Baker wrote:

Please share your secrets:-) (that is, the secret to making it work, not
the PSK shared secrets;-) ).

No secret. I selected the network, followed through the panels and
plugged in the key and it just worked.

Where? Where do you select WPA-PSK? Where do you enter the shared key? Those
options do not appear in my installed version of knetworkmanager. Which gui
are you using for it? KDE3/4/Gnome?

1) Create a new connection and click on the SSID, then Next.
2) Verify "Use Wireless Security" and "WPA Personal" are selected. Enter key and click on "Connect and Save".
3) Done

I have done the above on two computers and at least 5 access points. It always works for me.