Updating a dead link on wiki [Was: Re: [opensuse] What is the current setup for 'zypper dup'ing' 11.2-11.3 when it is released?]
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:45:44 -0400
On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Marco Calistri
<marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri 02 Jul 2010 at 13:23:48 (-0300 UTC) David C. Rankin wrote:

Guys,

    When 11.3 appears, what is the current scheme for using zypper dup
to jump versions. Where my notes end are:

(1) configure all repositories for the next version; then
(2) issue 'zypper dup' to perform the upgrade.

    That seems a little slim on details. Are there any other
recommendation, cautions, etc. that go along with the process. Do the
configs in ~/ move OK? Any gotchas?

http://wiki.opensuse.org/SDB:System_upgrade

IMO could be that some old ./config are not fully compliant to newer
release so in case of glitches or lack of particular features, could be
useful to start from scratch by deleting old ./config/file.conf.

Marco (or anyone who understands the what's going on with the Wiki
setup currently),

That page has a couple dead links to "http://wiki.opensuse.org/SDB:YaST Wagon".

But there is a real page http://en.opensuse.org/Wagon (note the "en")

But there is NOT a real page http://wiki.opensuse.org/Wagon (note the "wiki")

Any idea what needs to happen to fix that dead link? I don't mind
fixing it, but I have no idea what the current strategy is.

Thanks
Greg