Re: [opensuse] Xvnc documentation?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 04:01:35 -0500
On 07/02/2010 02:29 AM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
I have been using vncviewer from Linux clients, and RealVNC viewer from Windoz
clients. KRDC will not let me type in a password for some odd reason so I
cannot use it when I have the server set up to require authorization, but it
might work if no password authorization is used....

Marc..

Marc,

Nonsense. I use a password with vncserver/vncviewer on a daily basis. When you start your first session on the server, starting 'vncserver -geometry XxY -depth 16 :1' you are prompted for a session password that the client will have to use to connect. On every subsequent server start, the server will default to that password. If you set it up without a password, then you can delete the ~/.vnc/passwd file and set it again. Then when you connect from the client you will always be prompted for a password. HTH..

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC