[opensuse] Quanta+ on 11.0 - select 'F8' Upload - CPU pegs at 90+% - Quanta stuck parsing files.
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 01:36:07 -0500
Guys,

On 11.0, x86_64, if you try and use quanta upload (F8), you never get a list of files to upload (the changed files) and the CPU is stuck at 90% load. What to check? Then, for all but the smallest projects, (3-4 files) it is like quanta can never finish parsing it's own project list to decide what to upload to the server. Really really strange because on i586, it has no problems with the same projects, etc..

I have double-confirmed that the project files and upload files are correct by copying the project from an i586 box. Works fine on i586 - broken on x86_64. It's like quanta gets stuck in a loop with some type of race condition on the x86_64 box. It normally takes quanta 2-3 secs to check for new/changed files. 5 minutes later, I'm still waiting.

Any guesses on this one? Faulty kio? Botched environment where quanta is trying to use kde4 kio's on x86_64?

Confounded...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC