Re: [opensuse] mp3 file compare
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 20:56:09 +0200
2010. július 1. 20:14 napon Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

El 01/07/10 13:39, Istvan Gabor escribió:
Hello:

I would like to compare different mp3 files if they audio parts are the
same or not.
Is there any program that can do it, ie comparing only the audio parts of
the mp3s, excluding metadata (eg. ID tags)?

Tracks can be the same even without comparing the metadata, imagine two
equal songs with different bitrates..

OK, I explain if it wasn't clear:

Suppose you have different mp3s of the same song, some of them are different in
bitrate, quality, ie. in the audio, some of them has the same audio and only
the metadata are different (eg because of they have the same origin but
different users have changed the metadata). I would like to decide easily if
two files like this differ only in metadata or in audio part as well.

Any idea?

Istvan