Re: [opensuse] lpadmin -d acts different than expected
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:44:51 +0200
On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 15:27 +0200, Johannes Meixner wrote:
Hello,

On Jul 1 14:50 Roger Oberholtzer wrote (shortened):
... Every user (at least on my
system) has a $HOME/.cups/loptions file

If not all users on your system had intentionally at least once
done whatever action (run lpoptions, click a [Save Settings] button
in whatever graphical print dialog, whatever else...) which stores
user specific print queue settings, it looks like a bug to me
when whatever software writes user specific print queue settings
without an explicite user request to do so.

Where the file came from is lost in the mists of time. Home directories
have been used across OS upgrades. Maybe they came from something in
openSUSE 10.3. I really can't say. But now that I know about them, I can
deal with them. I think it is probably a good thing that each user can
have different settings for the available printers. After all, these are
not private queues. Just your private defaults for how you want to use
existing system queues. Saves having to add the options to every lp
command.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST