Re: [opensuse] lpadmin -d acts different than expected
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 08:12:02 -0400
On 07/01/2010 05:02 AM, Roger Oberholtzer pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 10:26 +0200, Johannes Meixner wrote:
Hello,

On Jul 1 08:39 Roger Oberholtzer wrote (shortened):
I want to change the default printer queue on an 11.2 system. So, as I
have always done, as root I ran lpadmin -d newQueue. For root, lpstat -a
tells the proper thing. The odd thing is that all other users still have
the old printer as the default. Implying that the default printer is
per-user. I can buy that. Is that the case?

Yes - see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Print_Settings_with_CUPS

That did it. Short answer: each user needs to run:

lpoptions -d newDefaultQueue

Perhaps an lpoptions section is needed in the KDE's Personal Settings.
Perhaps GNOME already configures this?

Or do it by using the web based print management system and change the
"system" default.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998