Re: [opensuse] How to set another resolution on my desktop?
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:52:41 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2010, 13:53:45 schrieb C. Brouerius van Nidek:
Working happily with my 11.3RC1 but ran into a problem with the
resolution and refresh rate. After boot it shows resolution 1024x768
with a refresh rate of 85. This is above the rate from my monitor
supplier. If I change that into 1280x1024 refresh auto it gives a much
better image and gives a rate from 65, well below the manufacturers
info.
I have tried in vain to save this setting but after every reboot it is
the old resolution and refresh rate again.
In former versions I would go to sax and finish the problem. Sax has
gone so what do I next?

KDE offers a systemsettings module for the display which can handle resolution
setting via randr etc. I'm sure Gnome has a similar tool.

Sven