Re: [opensuse] /sbin/yast2: line 421: 17466 Segmentation fault $ybindir/y2base $module after updates?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:50:49 +0200
On Thursday 10 June 2010 18:44:01 David C. Rankin wrote:
Thanks Carlos. I can't believe in the thousands of updates I've done, I
never really understood this. I had always seen: "This is Linux!, as long
as you don't update the kernel, then there is no reason to reboot!" Man,
was that information way off the mark.

You don't have to reboot. You do have to restart any program you've updated,
or any program that uses a library you've updated.

In unix since time immemorial, open files are not deleted until they are
closed.

In this case, it all seems to be kde related, so it should be enough to log
out and back in

Anders