Re: [opensuse] Sound Question..
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 07:49:45 +0100
On Sunday 06 Jun 2010 22:58:34 Philipp Thomas wrote:
Never mind all the excuses can we please have a working sound system back
and make things like PulseAudio choices with a DIRE warning this WILL
screw your sound system up

I don't know why you blame PulseAudio but saying that it will screw
your sound setup is simply wrong. I know of enough systems, including
my own at work, where pulseaudio works perfectly. Regarding the
handling of bluetooth audio it is the only system that can handle my
BT headset more or less flawlessly.

it is things like this that are chasing users away from Linux can we stop
the messing and start releasing when PROVEN SAFE and working not may or
may not work

This is random flaming around with no real proof. BTW, the KDE 3 sound
solution Arts wasn't that flawless either!

hoping Novell get out of opensuse and we get back to the old ways it
ALWAYS worked back then

And this is completely uncalled for and serves nothing else than
making yourself a nice fool.

Philipp
Here we go yet again i have hit a raw nerve so the easy answer slag him
off in the hope he will shut up certain people are very good at that you hit
a nerve and they start slating you off as some form of nutter well guess what
i may just have been involved in Linux whilst some of you were still in junior
grade 0.09a if memory serves ,

So lets have something sorted if i take off at you it is for a good reason
because there is NEED for it .

Who mentioned KDE3 i dont remember doing so , now whos trolling and just for
your info never had a moments problem with sound in KDE3 it just worked i
just got rid of ARTS completely problem solved .

Hummm Bluetooth Oh that mobile phone data transfere system that i use to
bugger up the local drug dealers phones for them ..:-) ..(I'll get rid of em
yet)

Have fun

Pete .