Re: [opensuse] Sound Question..
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 00:12:58 +0200
On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 23:58, Philipp Thomas wrote:
I don't know why you blame PulseAudio but saying that it will screw
your sound setup is simply wrong. I know of enough systems, including
my own at work, where pulseaudio works perfectly. Regarding the
handling of bluetooth audio it is the only system that can handle my
BT headset more or less flawlessly.

PulseAudio becomes unpleasant to work with when you use applications
like Skype and want to redirect the Skype audio through a USB headset,
and the rest of your system sounds via the regular sound device. It's
certainly possible, but getting to work nicely (since Skype insists on
only giving you Default as your audio device when you are using Pulse)
is not easy nor all that obvious or logical to the average user.

C.