Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 11:43:12 +0200
On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 10:37 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Hans Witvliet wrote:

One of the big advantage of the huge address space you get for free,
is that you can assign specific addresses to https web hosts.

Normally (without any dirty tricks) you van not have multiple apache
vhosts using SSL. Using IPv6 that's a thing of the past....

Apache SNI has been working for quite some time now - I wouldn't call
that a dirty trick?

Yeah, know about it, ufortunately it only works with the latest versions
of firefox, and i have heard rumors that there are still some
unfortunately people who are still using internet exploder (which is
known NOT to work with SNI)

I ususaly recommend tunnelbroker.net
By default you get an /64 network, and if you take the trouble of
actvating another check-box, you get another /48 network

AFAIK, the current recommendation is for providers to dish out /48
networks. That's what I have in the datacentre.

Well if the continue to hand out on that scale (instead of an already
luxureous /116), i understand why they are allready working on v8.. ;-)