Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 10:37:40 +0200
Hans Witvliet wrote:

One of the big advantage of the huge address space you get for free,
is that you can assign specific addresses to https web hosts.

Normally (without any dirty tricks) you van not have multiple apache
vhosts using SSL. Using IPv6 that's a thing of the past....

Apache SNI has been working for quite some time now - I wouldn't call
that a dirty trick?

I ususaly recommend tunnelbroker.net
By default you get an /64 network, and if you take the trouble of
actvating another check-box, you get another /48 network

AFAIK, the current recommendation is for providers to dish out /48
networks. That's what I have in the datacentre.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.9°C)