Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 17:05:41 -0400
Hans Witvliet wrote:
On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 16:36 -0400, James Knott wrote:

BTW, I went to a coffee shop hotspot and ran nmap againt the IPv6
address of my firewall and also against a computer behind the firewall,
reachable via IPv6 address. Nmap couldn't find anything with the
firewall IPv6 address,
Which probably implies that this coffeeshop isn't connected to the IPv6
network. Only if you have a native v6 address, or use a tunnelbroker, it
is possible to check ipv6 with nmap...
I found a way to test from home. I connected my notebook to my local network via a NAT router, so it can't see the local IPv6 network. I then start up the client to get a single IPv6 address via the broker. Now, when I run nmap, it's forced to go out to the broker and back, to reach my local network.