[opensuse] Re: GeForce G210 question
  • From: James Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 21:00:40 +0200
Hi Patrick et al,

Thanks! I read over the "how to" and was able to get it to work fine!

Thanks!!!

JIM

On Saturday 05 June 2010 04:43:23 pm Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* James Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxx> [06-05-10 10:19]:
My new HP box has this NVidia card in it.

The best you can get for linux.

Can someone suggest an EASY way to configure this card?

download the nVidia driver and follow their instructions.

The program from NVidia is a true PIA and I'm ready to return the whole
"ยง$" thing just because of this.

You will not do better, nVidia is the best fit.

I'm trying to get a Symsung 2494hs to work at 1920x1080.

I "assume" that is a samsung. If so, I have a 2433bw and three others
that work perfectly w/o fiddling.

Suggestions, anyone?

Read and follow the instructions.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_190.42.html&sa=X&ei=AGIKTNX
zN4aglAfjqJCbDg&ved=0CBgQzgQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNGEjhvF9twOqcvok025o1JdmgvYtg
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_190.42.html&sa=X&ei=AGIKT
NXzN4aglAfjqJCbDg&ved=0CBkQzgQoATAA&usg=AFQjCNFaZetRxgQl8yuvqCK_vPXV0BO8wQ

there are also later beta versions available via search