Re: [opensuse] KMail problem
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:26:39 +0100
On Saturday 05 Jun 2010 17:08:03 upscope wrote:
<Snip>

On 06/05/2010 08:03 PM, Doug wrote:
Peter Nikolic wrote:
On Saturday 05 Jun 2010 00:17:46 Doug wrote:
I thought I had solved the KMail problem, but it's back. I give up!
I have installed Thunderbird, and will use that, even tho I liked
KMail better.

Does anybody know how to add a "sig" in T-Bird? I had to add the one
below by hand.

--doug
_____
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M. Greeley

Hi .

Kmail unfortunately is very good at getting it's settings corrupted out
of the blue work one moment fail the next with all manner of failure
reports , I have always found just going into settings and deleting
everything then re- entering them sorts it out for a while

--doug

</snip>
I'm having a similar problem with Kmail. I enter contact to a group
(Distribution List) in
Kontact-->contacts. Everything looks good. Later go to Kmail and select
New Message
--> Select--> Distribution list. List is there but only some of the
entries others are just a
blank line. My contact list still has all entries. I reentered all
contacts Yesterday and
shutdown last night. Today kmail lists are not updated. I saved the
group lists as
CSV files.

I need distribution lists for a news letter. In Thunderbird the inport
of csv sees the file but only imposts the first column. Have you tried
importing

Thanks for any response.

Right Then

There seems to be at last some concern about this problem that as i say in
far from new .

Upscope for your distribution lists do you have more than one account setup

ie

fred@xxxxxxx , joe@xxxxxxx , billy@xxxxxxx

What i have found is that kmail can start using the wrong account for your
mail giving all sorts of complaints i have had to go thru everything checking
passwords names addresses ISP settings one of the favorite things i have
found is the ISP will want plain login and for some reason kmail will start
using TLS or SSL causing all sorts of hassle and delayed mail with somewhat
cryptic error messages .. both from kmail and the ISP .. that said it is still
by far and away the best email client around

Pete