Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 16:01:47 +0200
On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 07:14 -0400, James Knott wrote:
Hans Witvliet wrote:
On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 16:36 -0400, James Knott wrote:

BTW, I went to a coffee shop hotspot and ran nmap againt the IPv6
address of my firewall and also against a computer behind the firewall,
reachable via IPv6 address. Nmap couldn't find anything with the
firewall IPv6 address,

Which probably implies that this coffeeshop isn't connected to the IPv6
network. Only if you have a native v6 address, or use a tunnelbroker, it
is possible to check ipv6 with nmap...

I use a tunnel broker, so I have an IPv6 address. The only place I
don't is at the local library, where they block just about everything
but browsers. As I mentioned, I could port scan my computers behind the
firewall which have only IPv6 addresses available to the world.

You use a tunnelbroker, so you have a Ipv6 address: at home

Or did you use your tunnelbroker to setup a second tunnel to the
coffee-shop-hotspot?
Untill they "see the light", most hotspots don't offer IPv6
afaicr, just a handfull of hotels in the far east.

Well, they still have plenty time... ;-))
What was the estimated count-down date? 31-july-2011
And since a couple of months the depletion-speed is getting faster, it
used to be end 2011.

hw