Re: [opensuse] Why IPv6 only on one NIC
  • From: ka1ifq <ka1ifq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 10:05:52 -0400
"On 09:48:06 pm James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> said"
My firewall has three ethernet cards in it. However, I've noticed only
one has IPv6 addresses. The other two don't even have a link-local IPv6
address. IPv6 is enabled in Yast Network Settings and I don't see
anything that specifies it for the various NICs.

Why is this? How can I enable IPv6 on the other two NICs?

I would think you only need IPv6 on the internet side net card and not the
internal ones, maybe thats the reason,maybe I am wrong.

--
2.6.27.45-0.1-default GNU/Linux