Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 07:14:23 -0400
Hans Witvliet wrote:
On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 16:36 -0400, James Knott wrote:

BTW, I went to a coffee shop hotspot and ran nmap againt the IPv6
address of my firewall and also against a computer behind the firewall,
reachable via IPv6 address. Nmap couldn't find anything with the
firewall IPv6 address,
Which probably implies that this coffeeshop isn't connected to the IPv6
network. Only if you have a native v6 address, or use a tunnelbroker, it
is possible to check ipv6 with nmap...
I use a tunnel broker, so I have an IPv6 address. The only place I don't is at the local library, where they block just about everything but browsers. As I mentioned, I could port scan my computers behind the firewall which have only IPv6 addresses available to the world.